It guarantees professor-student research training.
1. Research initiatives: they are spaces for research training and to cultivate student talent through cycles: basic training, specific training for research implementation.
2. Young researchers: this is a program to foster youngsters to approach scientific work and technological innovation. It is for young graduates having talent for research and innovation, by taking them in Research groups and in Top level Technological Development Centers, through scholarships – internships, to train via the methodology of "learning to do with criteria".
3. Research Practice: this is an internship students undertake by research projects with purpose of training in research.
4. Student Representation in regional and national hubs: this is support for the presentation of outstanding research works in events as Research Initiatives.
5. FRAGUA magazine: it is a space to disclose and to make visible students'' production.
6. ONDAS – COLCIENCIAS Program: professors and young researcher consultancies for youngsters and students in schools to contribute to the foundation of a culture in science and technology.
7. Creativity Fair: this is a space that allows a reflexive life experience of creativity and innovation as generators of Research Culture at Universidad de Medellin.
8. Research Monitoring: students are named every semester and they are in charge of disclosing and socializing UdeM's research policy among the student body.
9. Research Assistants: they are students that participate as assistants in research projects proposed by Research Group Leaders.
10. Graduation Projects: this is a requirement to be eligible for a professional degree; a student may conduct it as a research assistant for a research project funded by UdeM.
11. Awarding incentives and acknowledgements: the maximum distinction is the Luis Lopez de Mesa award, which is a yearly student research merit award for the best graduation projects.
12. Innovation Lectures: these are elective courses UdeM offers in social technological innovation and in an entrepreneur culture.
Top level Training. This is an essential pillar for scientific research qualification at UdeM. It is regulated by the Decree of September 7, 2004, by which the professor training proposal is approved for Masters and Doctorates.
Research Updating and Training. It has been provided via diploma certificates courses in Scientific Research Methodology, International Cooperation, Forming and Managing Research Groups, Developing Reading Abilities and Written Communication and Innovation and Transfer of Knowledge, Technology Surveillance, among others. In addition to this, there are also several seminars and courses on Scientific Disclosure, Formulation, and Project Evaluation, Writing to Publish and Creativity, Method Workshop Seminars and Writing Science in English and science databases.